Harley Davidson has launched the 2018 Softail series in India. The 2018 Harley Davidson Softail series includes the Street Bob, Fat Bob, Fat Boy and the Heritage Classic.
The cheapest of the 2018 Softail lineup is the Street Bob that’s priced at Rs. 11.99 Lakh. The Fat Bob is priced at Rs 13.99 Lakh, the Fat Boy comes in at Rs 17.49 Lakh and the Heritage Classic is priced at Rs 18.99 Lakh all ex showroom Delhi. The American legendary motorcycle brand Harley Davidson is also coincidentally celebrating its 115th Anniversary.
Commenting on the launch. Peter MacKenzie, Managing Director, Harley-Davidson India and China, said, “Our new offerings strongly demonstrate Harley-Davidson’s focus on reinventing products for motorcycle enthusiasts and aspiring riders. The 2018 Softail custom motorcycles have been inspired by Harley-Davidson’s history, authenticity and styling DNA through a modern lens. The response to the first look has been very positive and we are confident that the motorcycles will further enhance the sport of leisure motorcycling in India.”
On the technical front the 2018 Harley Davidson Softail series come powered by the new Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 V-Twin. Milwaukee-Eight engines retain the iconic 45-degree V-Twin cylinder angle with a broad-shouldered top end accentuated by a single camshaft design that tapers to a slim bottom end for a muscular contour. The range also gets an all new chasis, frame, swingarm and suspension that’s tuned a lot stiffer now to enhance the ride and handling. The New Softail also gets lighter by 17kgs and comes with updated tires helping in the power to weight ratio.
All Four Harley Davidson Softail Features & Prices
Fat Boy 17.99 lakh
The legendary Fat Boy motorcycle that defined contemporary custom style for decades has outdone itself. Ripped and refined satin-chrome finishes deliver a bold, muscular styling statementshowing off its powerful engine and new and improved ride and handling.
- Aggressive, steamroller stance and front end design
- Modern-day interpretation of the classic headlight nacelle
- A 160mm front tire, the widest-ever on a Harley-Davidson production model, wraps the solid Lakester front wheel
- 16kg weight reduction to previous model
- Standard ABS
- 240mm rear tire with solid Lakester rear wheel
Heritage Classic Rs 18.99 lakh
Design cues evoke the blacked-out styling of vintage 1950s Harley-Davidson models, updated with a modern edge.
- New detachable windscreen
- New rigid, lockable, sealed, water-resistant saddlebags
- Taller suspension with increased passenger and cargo payload capacity
- 17kg weight reduction to previous model
- Standard cruise control and ABS
Fat Bob Rs 13.49 lakh
Tarmac-eating traction, pothole-devouring suspension, agile cornering and a blacked-out take-no-prisoners look make the Fat Bob a groundbreaking motorcycle that could only come from Harley-Davidson.
- 2-1-2 upswept performance exhaust with a custom finish
- Largest aggressively treaded tires from the Motor Company: 150 mm front and 180 mm rear
- Dual disc front brakes
- 2 litre fuel tank
- 15kg weight reduction to previous model
- Inverted 43mm cartridge style front forks
Street Bob Rs 11.99 lakh
A bare-bones bike with go-anywhere DNA, the Street Bob motorcycle has a fists-in-the-wind attitude with nothing extra to weigh it down.
- Smooth-top 13.2 litre fuel tank
- Black spoke wheels with chopped fenders
- Low-profile riser-mounted digital instrument screen
- 7kg weight reduction to previous model
- Lowest MSRP in Softail line
NEW TECHNOLOGY FEATURED ON EVERY SOFTAIL
- Unique Daymaker Signature LED Headlamps on all models
- Improved electrical system charging, more than doubled at idle speeds
- Easily adjustable rear shock pre-load settings (method varies by model)
- Under seat spanner wrench: Street Bob
- External hand adjustment knob: Fat Bob, Fat Boy
- Under seat socket adjustment: Heritage Classic
- New instrumentation
- Keyless ignition and security system standard
- Steering head mounted USB charge port
- New fuel tanks