Now that Hyundai has taken off the wraps from the All New Santro which was codenamed AH2 we get you 15 interesting facts on the iconic car model that started the trend of the Tall Boy Design in India.
1. Hyundai launched the Santro on 23rd September 1998.
2. The Santro was the 1st product from Hyundai for the Indian market.
3. Bollywood Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has been the brand ambassador for the Hyundai Santro right since its initial launch in India and still remains its brand ambassador for the All New Santro.
4. Hyundai has sold more than 1.32 Million Santros since it’s launch in 1998.
5. The All New Santro becomes Hyundai’s 1st car to come with an AMT auto transmission.
6. The 5-speed AMT transmission is fully designed and developed in-house by Hyundai themselves.
7. The All New Santro gets powered by the 1.1L 4-cylinder BS-6 Petrol engine with 69ps of power and 99Nm of torque.
8. The All New Santro comes with best in class 135cc compressor on its aircon along with 1st in class rear AC vents.
9. Hyundai has retained some design and styling like the older Santro to keep the connect with the iconic car model.
10. The All New Santro gets a lot larger than its older version, now standing at 3160mm in length x 1645mm wide x 1560mm in height with a wheelbase of 2400mm.
11. Hyundai is also lining up an CNG version for the All New Santro.
12. The All New Santro drives on 165/70 R14 spec MRF Worlwide Radial Tubeless Tyres.
13. The All New Santro gets 7.0 inch Voice Controlled Touch Screen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.
14. Bookings for the All New Santro open from tomorrow at a payment of Rs. 11,000 and the launch is scheduled on the 23rd of October at the hands of Superstar Shah Rukh Khan.
15. ABS with EBD and Drivers side airbag standard on the All New Santro.
We have driven the All New Santro for a very brief period inside the Hyundai Factory and the initial impressions are extremely positive, we will be driving it in the last week of October, stay tuned for our detailed road test review of what could be India’s most loved family small car.