Commemorating the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) celebrated the Teacher’s Day in a unique way! With all schools and colleges continue to remain close due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Honda 2Wheelers India conducted a Digital Road Safety Awareness Training – ‘Honda Road Safety E-Gurukul’ exclusively for school & college teachers across India.
Aimed at enhancing the road safety awareness amongst the teachers, who are the architects of the nation, Honda safety instructors trained over 1650 school & college teachers through its 1-hour digital learning programs. From North (Delhi, Jaipur, Ludhiana, Karnal, Chandigarh, Etawah, Auraiya) to South (Chennai, Coimbatore, Trichy, Hyderabad, Vishakhapatnam), from East (Cuttack, Bhubaneshwar, Bilaspur, Durg, Sambalpur) to West (Thane, Yeole, Nagpur, Pune, Nashik, Panvel, Ahmednagar, Satara, Jalgaon & Aurangabad), Honda virtually spread the road safety awareness to 27 cities across India. Paying respect towards their teachers, more than 600 school & college students also became part of this pan India virtual celebrations.
Speaking on this occasion, Mr. Prabhu Nagaraj, Senior Vice President – Brand & Communications, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Teachers are the guiding light for students. Since the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, the role & responsibility of teachers has increased as they are continuously striving to innovate & adapt to the new methods of teaching. This Teacher’s Day, Honda expresses its gratitude to all the teachers and wants to ensure their safety on roads by educating them on important aspects of road safety. We are confident that this online training program has not only enhanced the road safety awareness amongst the teachers but they will also motivate young students with appropriate lessons on road safety and safe riding.”
Keeping it informative yet engaging, Honda’s road safety instructors utilized Road Safety Learning Programs to enhance the retention of Road Safety awareness. The 1-hour long video session based on a mix of theory, videos & case studies provides an introduction of road safety followed by important topics like:
- Understanding traffic lights & signals (stop, move, left turn, right turn, go straight or slow down).
- Road safety rules, signs & markings (mandatory, cautionary & informative signs; yellow, white or double lines).
- Preventive measures for avoiding road accident injuries (correct driving/riding posture, wearing a seatbelt or helmet and riding gears).
- Road sharing manners (sticking to your lane, use of bicycle tracks & footpaths by bicycle riders & pedestrians).
- Steps to ensure while overtaking, turning or at intersections & round-about.
- Major checks before leaving off to ride/drive and vehicle maintenance tips.
Each session was then followed by a Question & Answer session for resolving queries on various topics.