Hyundai Motor India Foundation (HMIF), the CSR arm of Hyundai Motor India Ltd. (HMIL) has handed over a cheque for Rs 5 Crores to the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Relief Fund towards its contribution towards the war against COVID-19. The cheque was handed over to Shri N Muruganandam IAS, Principal Secretary to Government of Tamil Nadu, Industries Department, by Hyundai officials.
Commenting on the development, Mr. SS Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said, “As a responsible and caring automobile brand, we stand united with the Government of Tamil Nadu to provide relentless support in these challenging times. This contribution is an expression of our solidarity with the people of the state which has been home for Hyundai for over two decades. In line with our Global Vision – ‘Progress for Humanity’, Hyundai is committed to undertake all efforts that will help India overcome this crisis.”
Guided by its global vision “Progress for Humanity”, Hyundai has planned a series of initiatives to contribute to India’s war against COVID-19. These span a wide range of initiatives including
- Monetary contributions to Relief Funds
- Importing advanced diagnostic kits from South Korea
- Support the fabrication of ventilators and other treatment support aids
- Distribution of PPEs, masks and other safety kits
- Distribution of dry rations to the needy people, and so on.