Jeep Introduces New 6.4 Litre V-8 Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept
Jeep Introduces New 6.4 Litre V-8 Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept Jeep enthusiasts have been clamoring for a V-8 powered production Wrangler in
recent years, and the new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept is an indication they may soon get their wish. The Jeep brand has introduced its new Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept, powered by a 6.4- liter (392 cubic-inch) V-8 engine that delivers 450 horsepower and 450 lb.-ft. of torque, and a 0-60 mph time in less than 5 seconds.
“Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts have been asking us for a Wrangler V-8, and our new Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept proves that we have the ability to make that happen,” said Jim Morrison, Head of Jeep Brand – FCA North America. “From the recently introduced 29 mpg Wrangler EcoDiesel, to our award-winning Jeep Gladiator, and the upcoming Wrangler 4xe plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, Jeep is clearly listening to its customers. We are anxious to gauge their reaction to this new Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept, a vehicle that delivers an incredible and unmatched level of fun-to-drive performance and capability, on- and off-road.”
Few Highlights of The Rubicon 392 Concept are –
- Dana 44 axles, a Selec-Track full-time two-speed transfer case.
- A full-time two-speed transfer case.
- Tru-Lok electric front- and rear-axle locking differentials.
- 37-inch mud-terrain tires that wrap around custom 17-inch beadlock wheels that hold tires to rims under extreme lateral loads, allowing for reduced tire pressure operation and added traction.
- A factory Jeep Performance Parts 2-inch lift kit from Mopar makes way for additional suspension articulation, and improved approach, breakover and departure angles with suspension enhancements that include new aluminum monotube Fox shocks for improved damping and heat dissipation .
- A 8-speed transmission .
- upgraded engine mounts and a modified frame.
- A two-mode exhaust alters the performance sound at the touch of a button.
- Rubicon rock rails, steel bumpers with a Warn winch, and a steel belly pan.
- A 3.73 gear ratio, which delivers improved highway efficiency and a greater range of off-road capability.
The new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept features Granite Crystal exterior paint adorned with Bronze accentuated tow hooks, badging, springs, shocks and wheels, while featuring a heavy-duty raised performance hood with an aggressive appearance, custom half doors and Wrangler’s Sky One-touch powertop, with removable side panels for complete open-air freedom. Inside, the Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept features rich Red Rock-colored leather bolstered
seats with gold stitching, along with a performance steering wheel.