As we all gear up for the new normal to live with the COVID19 till we have a concrete solution for the same , that is , a vaccine. Maruti Suzuki India Limited , keeping customer safety at the core, has put in place a comprehensive standard operating procedure (SoP) for its dealerships across the country. The process ensures highest level of hygiene and sanitization across all its showrooms for the safety of its customers and employees. After the implementation of these SoPs and based on approvals from State Governments, Maruti Suzuki dealerships have started to open and deliver the cars to waiting customers.
Explaining the new way of life at Maruti Suzuki showrooms, Mr. Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director and CEO, Maruti Suzuki India said, “Customers satisfaction and safety is our top priority. All our dealerships have put in place steps to ensure complete safety, hygiene and sanitization of all touchpoints. I would like to assure our customers that your car buying experience with Maruti Suzuki is completely safe.” “At the same time, not just our dealerships, but also our manufacturing facilities and service workshops are completely sanitized. They are following all safety protocols, as prescribed by the Government. The Maruti Suzuki family looks forward to deliver your favorite car in a completely safe and hygienic environment,” Ayukawa added.
The new Covid-19 SoP designed by the team of experts at Maruti Suzuki encapsulates all the facets of customer interactions. From the time a customer walks into the showroom, till the final delivery of the vehicle — all processes have been scientifically studied. Adequate measures have been taken to offer a safe, hygienic and a virus free environment to customers.
A few things to mention about this new normal are –
- Customers can choose their car and accessories digitally. Customers can experience the convenience of booking their cars or even personalizing through the websites – www.marutisuzuki.com and www.nexaexperience.com Customers can explore the entire product portfolio and electronically personalize cars by a mix and match of accessories. All the documents for vehicle purchase can also be submitted digitally.
- Hygiene of test drive cars , The dealerships will carry out complete sterilization of the test-drive vehicles before aligning it for the customers ensuring maximum safety. One individual will be allowed to take the test drive with the relationship manager sitting in the back row.
- Door step car delivery ,All staff visiting customer’s home will follow safety protocols – including wearing masks and carrying sanitizers. All cars will be fully disinfected before delivery. In case of delivery from showrooms, limited persons would be encouraged. The showrooms will have hand-sanitizers at every touchpoint.
- Healthy and Safety of dealership employees ,Health of all employees is being monitored through a wellness app every day. Employees who report good health for at least 14 consecutive days would be allowed to resume work. This app works in conjunction with the Government of India’s Aarogya Setu app to track health status for all staff. Thermal scanning, availability of sanitizers, staggered lunch timings and compulsory wearing of face masks throughout the working hours and commutation will also be implemented.
- Training to maintain a hygienic environment at dealerships , Maruti Suzuki has conducted a detailed training of its dealerships staff across country towards maintaining a hygienic environment for customers. A detailed manual explaining the do’s and don’ts for every employee has been circulated and a strict monitoring mechanism has also been put in place.
Maruti Suzuki network comprises 3,086 showrooms across 1,964 towns and cities. All of them will abide to the new safety protocols. The opening of showrooms will depend on permission from local authorities.