Maruti Suzuki Launches Suzuki Connect for Nexa Owners
Indias largest car maker Maruti Suzuki has launched Suzuki Connect telematics solutions for their Nexa customers. This will turn the Nexa fleet into connected cars.
The Suzuki Connect device can be purchased at Rs. 9,999 which includes taxes and also comes with three years subscribtion for the usage. Suzuki Connect can be paired to any Android or iOS device via their app which comes loaded with some advanced technology inbuilt that can give out emergency alerts, vehicle tracking, live vehicle status, and preventive maintenance calls to the owner.
Introducing `Suzuki Connect’ to the customers, Mr. R S Kalsi, Senior Executive Director, Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki said, “Suzuki Connect is an advanced telematics solution developed and tested in India to offer seamless connected car experience to car owners. A nationwide extensive study was conducted to understand the challenges that Indian car owners face daily and their expectations from these solutions. ‘Suzuki Connect’ empowers customers to manage host of services such as emergency alerts, vehicle tracking, driving behaviour analysis, car assistance, and many more functions on their fingertips and create a delightful car ownership experience. Unlike other OBD based telematics solutions available in market, ‘Suzuki Connect’ is a TCU based solution which is better, safer and more user friendly.”
Maruti Suzuki currently sells the Ciaz sedan, S-Cross crossover, Baleno hatchback and the Ignis hatchback cars under the Nexa brand name, the other models from Maruti-Suzuki would be getting Suzuki Connect by this year end.
Built on the pillar of technology, ‘Suzuki Connect’ utilizes a Telematics Control Unit (TCU), which exchanges information through cellular network with a centralised server connected to NEXA customer care, subject to applicable terms and conditions of the NEXA app. ‘Suzuki Connect’ can be configured to send information up to 5 selected users in case of an emergency.
Suzuki Connect Benefits:
• Emergency Alerts: TCU detects an emergency situation in case of airbag deployment and automatically sends an alert to user’s family/ friends along with GPS coordinates & vehicle details
• Preventive Assistance: Incase system detects a malfunction, MSIL Customer Care will proactively contact the customer for any assistance needed for his vehicle.
• Vehicle Tracking: Real time vehicle tracking along with advance features like live location sharing, tow away alert, Geofencing and navigation to parked vehicle.
• Driving Behavior Analysis: Enhance user’s driving ability by providing analysis on user’s driving behavior on economy, comfort & Safety aspects along with trip details.
• Live Vehicle Status: Users can remotely check their vehicle status like Seat Belt, Status of AC, Fuel level, Odometer value.
• Convenience Alerts: Low fuel alert, over speeding alerts etc. can be configured as per the choice of the user. System also sends accurate service reminders based on odometer reading