Mercedes-Benz is the number One Luxury car maker in India for the 7th year in a row, announces 10 new models for 2022
India’s largest luxury car brand Mercedes-Benz continued its firm leadership position in the country’s luxury car segment for a record seventh year in a row. In an unprecedented year that witnessed pandemic related challenges to business, Mercedes-Benz significantly improved its sales performance retaining customer loyalty for its robust product portfolio. Mercedes-Benz India delivered 11,242 units in the January-December 2021 period, registering a strong 42.5% Y-o-Y sales growth, underlining a significant volume recovery from 2020. Mercedes has also announced 10 new models for India in 2022 which includes the EQS Luxury Electric sedan and the Mercedes Maybach.
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “We are excited with our performance that entailed sales recovery and increased our market share, in a year that was largely unprecedented and posed multiple challenges to the industry. We were successful in exciting the market with regular product introductions and earned customers’ confidence with our new business model- Retail of the Future. The year 2021 remains a strong foundation for creating a robust and sustainable roadmap for the future, reiterating the overwhelming trust and loyalty of our customers, who preferred a Mercedes-Benz to other brands. 2022 will be another milestone year as we aim to lead the luxury EV segment by expanding our EV portfolio with the debut of the first-ever all-electric luxury sedan from Mercedes-Benz, the EQS. The EQS, designed to exceed all customer expectations, has already created a global benchmark as an all-electric futuristic luxury EV. After pioneering the localization of performance vehicles in India with the AMGs, we have decided to start the local production of the EQS, a step in the right direction for us towards mainstreaming luxury EVs. We are confident the start of local production of the EQS will be pivotal in driving the penetration of luxury EVs in the market, and reiterates our ambition to lead the luxury EV segment in the country firmly.”
Sales volumes remained constricted by substantial challenges in the supply side triggered by the pandemic in Q2, while the semi-conductor shortage largely affected the entire Q4 deliveries.
You First! Theme for Mercedes-Benz India in 2022:
Mercedes-Benz today unveiled its 2022 motto of ‘YOU First’. While ‘YOU’ underlines Mercedes-Benz India’s commitment to all its stakeholders comprising Customers, Franchise Partners, Employees and the Community at large; ‘First’ places them foremost in priority.
- New products across Mercedes-Benz brand and AMG, Maybach and EQ sub-brands
- Latest technologies including MBUX Hyperscreen and Mercedes me connect services
- Curated customer service including best-in-class warranty programmes
- Ease, convenience and trust of an omni-channel customer journey through ROTF model
- Luxury retail experience with the roll-out of Modern Architecture in Retail format
- Ensuring profitable, sustainable and efficient business with ROTF model
- Preparing them for a sustainable future with gradual shift to electric mobility
- Driving upskilling programs for Franchise Partners, to service upcoming products from the EQ brand
- Reiterating their significance as strong connect between the customers and the brand under ROTF business model
- Initiatives towards driving sustainability of the local community | Driving ‘sustainable luxury’ goals with transition to e-mobility with EQS | 100% green power for Production unit
- Extending vaccination support to all employees and their family members
- Development of a strong talent pool with relevant skilling and upskilling opportunities
- Creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming workspace
New products planned across Mercedes-Benz, Maybach, AMG and EQ portfolio:
In 2022, Mercedes-Benz strongly reiterates its electric ambition in India and will launch the first-ever all-electric luxury sedan, the EQS for Indian customers. Over the course of the year, the company will also commence the local production of this luxury EV in India. As a part of its product offensive for the Indian customers in 2022, Mercedes-Benz will launch some of the most desirable and exhilarating products such as the exquisite new S-Class Maybach and EQS along with many other exciting offerings from the AMG portfolio.
2021 key sales highlights:
- Highest selling Mercedes-Benz model: Long wheelbase E-Class
- Highest selling SUV: GLC
- Highest growing segment: AMG and Dream cars with a growth of 101%
- Total order bank of 2021: 3000+ units
- Models waitlisted: GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS, A-Class, E-Class and S-Class