Mercedes-Benz has launched two Special Limited Editions of their AMG Performance car models today. The Mercedes-AMG GLE 43 Coupe OrangeArt is priced at Rs. 1.02 Crore and SLC 43 RedArt Edition priced at Rs. 87.48 Lakh Ex Showroom India.
These special editions surely add a lot of distinctive touch to the Mercedes-AMG lineup and would be limited to a total of only 25 units for India. Mercedes-AMG GLE 43 Coupe OrangeArt edition was launched internationally in July last year and the SLC 43 RedArt Edition
Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said: “We have an exciting range of products in our global portfolio which we present to our Indian customers on a regular basis. We are delighted to introduce the highly distinctive, limited edition versions of two very special cars from the Mercedes-AMG line-up – the GLE 43 4MATIC Coupe ‘OrangeArt’ and the SLC 43 ‘RedArt’. These exclusive models come with additional flair and their dynamic styling is now accentuated by tasteful touches of flamboyance. The AMG brand signifies not just thoroughbred, motorsport-derived performance, but true exclusivity as well. With these limited edition models, we are heightening the sporty aspect of Mercedes-AMG and are confident that fans of the brand in India will be excited with these new offerings. We will continue to boost our AMG portfolio and enhance the brand promise of ‘driving performance’ even more in this market.”
The Mercedes-AMG GLE 4MATIC Coupe OrangeArt edition comes with AMG Line exterior, Night Package and distinctive 21-inch AMG alloy wheels, front bumper gets an orange lip along with the alloys too that come with orange lining on the rim flange, to create a distinctive look against the all-black paint scheme.
On the inside the Mercedes-AMG GLE 4MATIC Coupe OrangeArt editioneomes with black Nappa leather with orange piping and grey contrast top-stitching which is exclusive to this limited edition model, floor mats get AMG lettering and piping in orange, while the door panels are also covered in black microfibre material. In addition, the GLE 43 AMG gets full LED intelligent light system headlamps with black LED rings.
On the Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 RedArt edition, red accents on the exterior along with ‘designo selenite grey magno’ paint finish’, and gets red highlights across the front and rear bumpers, and rim flange on the 18-inch AMG alloy wheels, as well as the the side air vents. The brake calipers are also finished in red and get AMG lettering on them.
On the inside the Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 RedArt edition comes with carbon fibre effect embossed leather, red accents across the interior and contrast red finished seatbelts too.
Both the Limited Editions AMGs come powered with the 3.0-litre V6 petrol engine that makes 367 bhp and 520 Nm of peak torque. This mammoth engine comes mated to an automatic transmission. The OrangeArt and RedArt editions would be imported into India as Completely Built Units (CBUs).
Specifications of the Mercedes-AMG GLE 43 4MATIC Coupe ‘OrangeArt’and SLC 43 ‘RedArt’
GLE 43 4MATIC Coupe ‘OrangeArt’
SLC 43 ‘RedArt’
|Engine arrangement/cylinders||3.0-litre V6 direct
|3.0-litre V6 direct injection bi-turbo|
|Power||390 hp @ 6100||367 [email protected] rpm|
|Torque||[email protected] 2000-4200 rpm||520 [email protected] rpm|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||5.7 seconds||4.7 seconds|
|Top Speed||250 km/h||250 km/h|
Mercedes-AMG GLE 43 4MATIC Coupe ‘OrangeArt’
- Available paint finishes
- Polar white
- Obsidian black
- Selenite grey
- AMG Line Exterior and Interior
- Strikingly sporty looks with 53.3 cm (21-inch) AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels in an exclusive high-gloss black painted finish with orange rim flange
- Orange highlights on the front apron
- Full LED Headlamps with black LED ring and Intelligent Light System
- Sports seats upholstered in black nappa leather/DINAMICA microfibre with orange piping and contrasting topstitching in grey
- Door centre panels with black DINAMICA microfibre and contrasting topstitching in grey
- Floor mats with AMG lettering and piping in orange
- Three-spoke multifunction steering wheel in black nappa leather, sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs and aluminium trim with light longitudinal grain
Mercedes-AMGSLC 43 ‘RedArt’:
- Exclusive special paint finishes in designo selenite grey magno
- Available paint finishes:
- Polar white
- Designo selenite grey magno (optional)
- Trim on the front and rear aprons in red
- Red flics in the AMG bumper, red fins on the wings
- Red brake callipers with AMG lettering
- 7 cm (18-inch) AMG 10-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in high-gloss black and rim flange painted in red with 235/40 R 18 on 8 J x 18 ET43 (front) and 255/35 R 18 on 9 J x 18 ET42 (rear)
- Exclusive seat design with black leather seats featuring silver pearl nappa leather inserts
- Red contrasting topstitching and head restraints in carbon-fibre effect embossed leather with embroidered Edition logo
- Optionally available: seats and door centre panels in two-tone nappa leather in black/silver pearl with red contrasting topstitching and head restraints in carbon-fibre effect embossed leather with embroidered Edition logo
- Available paint finishes:
Additional upholstery options:
- Black nappa leather seats with DINAMICA microfibre inserts and sports upholstery layout, perforation in the shoulder area of the seats and on the seat surfaces, red edging and contrasting topstitching, ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA microfibre door centre panels and ARTICO man-made leather armrests
- Additional options available: Nappa leather door centre panels, armrests and upper section of instrument panel