SAVWIPL resumes single-shift operations in strict compliance of safety norms issued by Central, state and local authorities. More than 60 detailed ‘Start Safe’ guide defines safety guidelines across the companies operation. The Pune based company has restarted production at its facility in full compliance to applicable government regulations and directions of local authorities. The commencement of operation following the company issued 60 point ‘Start Safe’ guide prepared in close collaboration with Medical Practitioners, was highlighted through a set of images released by the company.
ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited:
- Headquartered in Pune, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) is the new company that represents passenger vehicle entities of Volkswagen Group in India
- SAVWIPL has been formed following the merger of Volkswagen India Private Limited (VWIPL), ŠKODA AUTO India Private Limited (SAIPL), and Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (NSC).
- The combined entity oversees the business operations of five brands – ŠKODA, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini – in India
- SAVWIPL operates two manufacturing facilities – at Chakan, Pune and Shendra, Aurangabad and employs over 4,400 people across functions and locations in India.
- The launch of the ŠKODA brand in India in 2001 heralded the entry of the Volkswagen Group into the country
- Volkswagen and Audi made their India debut in 2007 while Porsche and Lamborghini followed in 2012
- SAVWIPL is committed to India and will continue to serve Indian customers with an array of desirable, high-quality automobiles that reflect the needs of the Indian customer and their aspirations
- Read and know more about SAVWIPL at https://skoda-vw.co.in/