Triumph India has always been known for their Tiger and Speed Twins which have so far dominated their sales along with the Bonnie . The company since January this year went on a product offensive if we may . They Launched the Trident 660 which is the most affordable Roadster in the country , the Tiger 850 and now the Scrambler , which has its own niche following . The brand has updated the Scrambler 1200 XC and XE and thrown in a special edition ; Steve McQueen for the year 2021 .
The motorcycle is powered by the 1200cc Bonneville twin engine but in a different state of tune now putting out 110Nm at a low 4,500rpm and 90PS at 7,250rpm. The engine update delivers lower emissions exceeding the BS-VI requirements. With a low inertia crank and a high compression cylinder head specifically developed to give the perfect balance of power and torque delivery for both road and off-road riding .
The Scrambler comes with a elaborate list of equipment and features , some of which are –
- Öhlins long travel fully adjustable RSUs and long travel Showa forks
- Twin Brembo M50 radial monobloc calipers
- Long-travel aluminium swingarm
- Full-colour TFT instruments with illuminated switches
- Up to 6 riding modes, including Off-Road Pro (XE)
- Optimised cornering ABS and optimised cornering traction control (XE)
- All-LED lighting with DRL headlight (market specific)
- Keyless ignition, single button cruise control and USB charging socket
- Commanding riding position with wide adjustable handlebars
- Superior rider comfort
- 21” front wheel, properly capable of going scrambling
On the design front the 2021 Scrambler gets iconic silhouette with sculpted bench seat and signature high level twin exhaust , Beautifully engineered side-laced tubeless wheels , Seamless fuel tank with brushed aluminium Monza cap and 70+ accessories, including new Dakar inspired fly screen .
Celebrating the most famous movie star, stunt and motorcycle in history, the new Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen Edition brings all the new-generation 2021 Scrambler 1200 XE in its own premium Steve McQueen paint scheme which will boast of –
- Individually numbered limited edition with only 1,000 available worldwide
- Unique Steve McQueen branding on the tank and handlebar clamp
- Exclusive Competition Green custom paint scheme
- New high specification with premium Scrambler accessories fitted as standard
- Certificate of authenticity features the signatures of Triumph’s CEO, Nick Bloor and Chad McQueen
We shall ride the Scrambler very soon for our detailed road test review and bring to you in detail everything about the motorcycle . Meanwhile feel free to shoot us a DM on Instagram – @motorworldindia for any queries . Stay Safe