Jeep opens bookings for the Grand Cherokee, India production also begins
Jeep has opened bookings for the latest generation Jeep Grand Cherokee. The American brand will launch the flagship SUV in the country on 17th of November. The Made in India Jeep Grand Cherokee becomes the4th model that will be assembled in India along with the Jeep Compass, Meridian, and Wrangler at their plant in Ranjangaon, Maharashtra. The production of the Jeep Grand Cherokee has also commenced today at its manufacturing facility in Ranjangaon, Pune making it the Brand’s fourth nameplate to be made in India.
Speaking at the start of production ceremony, Nipun J Mahajan, Head of Jeep Brand India, said, “The all-new Grand Cherokee promises exceptional experience for the driver as well as the passengers. The Jeep Grand Cherokee has been developed and engineered to deliver legendary capabilities, class-leading spaciousness, and excellent safety, making the 5th-gen model a global icon in the luxury SUV segment. The generous mix of content and features blended to a legendary offering compliments the premium and exemplary lifestyle of our customers.”
In terms of exteriors, the Grand Cherokee comes with key Jeep family traits which include the signature seven-box front grille, squared wheel arches, and sleek split tail lamps. The premium SUV Grand Cherokee will also come equipped with ADAS features making this the first Jeep model to come with it.
FULL SUITE – Advanced Driving Assistance System (ADAS) with features like Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus Pedestrian Emergency Braking, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go, Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection, Passive Pedestrian Protection, Drowsy Driver Detection, Active Lane Management System, and Intersection Collision Assist System.
- Active Noise Control System
- 3 Point seatbelt and Occupant Detection for all 5 passengers
- Multiple options to customize user experience
- Full Connectivity package with remote functions
- 24×7 Dedicated Assistance
- The interior front panel featuring slim HVAC vents, a re-aligned center stack with comfort entry feature for greater driver accessibility and 10” Heads up display, 10.1-inch (25.6-cm) touchscreen radio, 10.25-inch (26-cm) instrument cluster panel as well as segment-first available 10.25-inch (26-cm) front passenger interactive display
- All 5 seats offer premium Capri leather with perforated inserts
- A lowered, tapered roof improves the Grand Cherokee’s aerodynamic performance and efficiency without sacrificing cargo spaciousness and utility, and an impressive road presence.
- The lowered beltline and the expansive glass around the vehicle including the large panoramic sunroof allow more light into the cabin and increase outward visibility
Another one of the 5th generation Jeep Grand Cherokee’s notable features is the Quadra-Trac I 4×4 System coupled with Selec-Terrain traction management system offers the choice between on- and off-road settings to ensure optimum 4×4 performance. The all-new Grand Cherokee is, a combination of sophistication, advanced technologies, elegance, powerful performance, and an unmatched ability to take on a variety of terrain.
In terms of interiors the 2022 Jeep Cherokee comes with a long list of premium features like 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Passenger touch screen, a digital rear view camera, and a heads-up display. The interiors will sport dual-tone theme with a three-row seating layout, a digital instrument cluster, ambient lighting, and powered front seats.
Powering the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee could be powered by the 3.6-liter V6 engine that is claimed to deliver a maximum power output of 293 hp and peak torque of 353 Nm. Other engine option available globally is a 5.7-liter Hemi V8 engine capable of producing 360 horsepower and 529 Nm. The vehicle is also offered with a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo-petrol plug-in hybrid rated at 375 hp/637 Nm available with the 4xe variants.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee will compete with other luxury SUVs in the country like the Mercedes GLE, BMW X5 and the Land Rover Discovery.