Mahindra has launched the 2018 XUV 5OO today here in Mumbai. Prices for the 2018 Mahindra XUV 5OO start at a mouth watering Rs. 12.32 Lakh Ex Showrooms Mumbai.
Mahindra had introduced the XUV 5OO in 2012 and since then the bold SUV has sold very well. Todays update is an midlife refresh that the XUV has received and the changes include an all new bold face that includes new grill, headlights and bumper. The sides remain more or less the same what changes here is that the sides now with redesigned diamond cut alloys. The rear gets a big refresh with new design tailgate and new split tail lamps. The interiors get premium new tan and black theme comprising of new quilted tan leather seats, finely crafted soft-touch leather dashboard and door trims and a new piano-black center console. The fit and finish of the new XUV500 has been further refined and its cabin is now even quieter. The 2018 XUV 5OO also gets industry-first smart watch connectivity and Arkamys™ enhanced audio output.
On the technical side the 2018 XUV 5OO comes with the 2.2 Litre mHawk155engine that now has more power on it. This engine has 155 BHP and 360Nm of torque.
The 2018 Mahindra XUV 5OO is available in five trim levels, W5, W7, W9, W11 & W11 OPT, the new XUV500 will also offer one Petrol option of G AT. It also offers the widest range of diesel automatic variants, namely W7 AT, W9 AT, W11 AT, W11 OPT AT and W11 OPT AWD AT. The 2018 XUV 5OO is available in New Crimson Red, New Mystic Copper, Pearl White, Volcano Black, Moon dust Silver, Opulent Purple and Lake Side Brown paint options.
On the safety front the 2018 XUV 5OO comes with 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP with Rollover mitigation, hill hold and hill descent controland disc brakes on all wheels. In addition, the XUV500 also offers the first-in-class safety feature of Emergency Calling.
Speaking at the launch of The Plush New XUV500, Rajan Wadhera, President, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said,“Since its launch in 2011, the XUV500 has been a trendsetter in the premium SUV segment with its great value proposition of head-turning style, aspirational hi-tech features, unmatched performance and best-in-class safety. The XUV500 was the creator of the premium SUV segment in the Rs. 12 to 18 lakhs price range in India and continues to be the frontrunner in the segment when it comes to setting new trends and pushing boundaries. Today, with the launch of The Plush New XUV500, we have strengthened its value proposition further by creating new benchmarks in luxury and styling. It has been designed to meet the customer’s rising aspirations for more premium and luxurious offerings.”
Watch-out for our detailed road test review of the 2018 Mahindra XUV 5OO real soon.
- New luxurious quilted tan leather seats
- New black and tan interiors
- New soft touch leather dashboard & door trims
- New piano black center console
- New silver inserts
- Icy Blue Lounge Lighting
- Illuminated Scuff Plates
- Sporty aluminum pedals
- Electric Sunroof with Anti-pinch
- 6-way Power-adjustable Driver’s Seat
- First-in- class Logo Projection Lamps on ORVMs
- 7″ Touchscreen Infotainment with GPS Navigation, USB Audio/Video/Picture Viewer, Bluetooth, iPod Connectivity, AUX Input
- Reverse Parking Camera with Dynamic Assist
- Android Auto
- Connected Apps
- Ecosense Technology
- Fully Automatic Temperature Control (FATC)
- Smart Watch Connectivity
- Arkamys audio
- Tire-Tronics (Tyre Pressure & Temperature Monitoring System)
- Push Button Start / Stop
- Passive Keyless Entry
- Smart Rain and Light Sensors
- Cruise Control
- Brake Energy Regeneration System
- Voice Messaging System
- Voice Commands with Voice Recognition and SMS Read Out
- Mahindra BLUE SENSE® Technology
- 6 Airbags – 2 front airbags, 2 side airbags and 2 curtain airbags
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Rollover Mitigation
- Hill Hold & Hill Descent Control
- First-in-class Emergency Call
- ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- Disc brakes on all 4 wheels
- Crash protection crumple zones
- Side impact beams