Tata Motors to launch ‘ Monsoon mega Service Camp ’ in July
While the onset of monsoon is sure to bring joy to us Indians, especially for farmers who are betting on it for their crops, it is also one of those seasons which is challenging for maintaining your car since it will be exposed to many a bad climatic conditions. Though rain and the cool weather is what everyone loves, it also makes the traffic movement very difficult leading to disruption of the daily routine; causing many traffic jams and some really severe.
Most of the cars in India are designed to handle the varied weather conditions with ease; higher ground clearance usually found in the SUVs help them wade better through the pothole filled inundated monsoon roads. Flood or rain water can cause huge damage to a vehicle and can critically fail many electronic components such as Electronic Control Unit (ECU).
In order to cater to its various customers, Tata Motors is planning to conduct a free nationwide 40 point comprehensive checkup camp christened ‘Monsoon Mega Service Camp’ in July this year. The Camp which was organized the previous year had provided service to more than 3.6 lakh customers. Tata Motors will introduce new schemes and provide discount on spare parts and labour for cars which are more than two years old. It also plans to have Mobile Service Vans to cater to customers in remote areas.
Tata Motors, in line with its philosophy of providing continuous innovative service to its customers has prepared a list of the most important points to be followed to maintain your car in top condition even during the vagaries of the monsoon.
Tata Motors recommends the below car care tips for monsoon:
• Wiper blades tend to wear out quickly, and thus it is recommended to change the rubber strip once a year before the monsoons begin
• Antirust coating adds to protection of metal surfaces and acts as a barrier to inhibit the contact between chemical compounds or corrosive materials
• Rainwater is slightly acidic in nature and can damage the car’s body if exposed for an extended period. To avoid this, car owners must ensure that the exteriors of their vehicle is polished to prevent rusting on exposed metal parts
• Ensure that the tyres are in excellent condition before the monsoons, such that they perform well. A good tyre can expel rain water by its tread from the contact area of the road. Make sure that the tread depth is within the recommended values; the greater the depth, the better the ability to evict water
• As a precautionary measure, one must have a rope, toolkit, flashlight, and a medical kit placed in the car
• As visibility is an issue during this season, it is advisable to check that the headlights, taillights, and fog-lights of the car are well-maintained. A thorough check for cracks or breakage on the glass of the lights is necessary to ensure that there is no water penetration in light assemblies that may cause unwanted fuses, which is dangerous for passengers and fellow commuters. It is recommended to carry few spare fuses in your car for emergency situations
• If a vehicle’s engine dies while or after driving through flood water, one should refrain from restarting their vehicle, it should first be pulled out and brought to the nearest dealer for it to be dried out. One should always be patient in such situations